Risk Management Services
Are the key legislative pillars such as Basel II & III, UCITS IV and Solvency II forcing you to re-examine how you identify, measure and manage risk and capital? Is your implementation programme on track to deliver?
What's on your plate?
Asymptotix work closely with our partners to help clients develop a more proactive, systematic and integrated approach to governance and risk management on order to preserve the value of existing assets, building confidence in the risk management framework as a platform for timely information to deliver proper value.
- Solvency II needs to be implemented by Nov 2012
- Similar timelines exist for Basel III and IFRS9
- They require the ability to calculate end of (current) period pricing of traded assets
- Basel III & Solvency II require stressed evaluation on non-traded assets over the business cycle
- UCITS IV: CSSF requests each management company to submit until 1 June 2011 at the latest an update of its application for authorisation completed with the new requirements under the 2010 Law and the Regulation 10-4.
Is your implementation programme on track to deliver? If not then you should talk to us soon. Asymptotix can offer the support you need to deliver on time.
Bringing you Peace of Mind
We can help add value by providing financial, econometric and risk management understanding together with technical implementation across a range of risk issues including: liquidity and market managment, market risk, credit risk, governance. We provide guidance and intependent review of ongoing projects that are not on track to deliver. Our aim is to help financial sector firms reassure their internal and external stakeholders, as well as regulators and the wider capital markets, that their approach to risk management works both now and in the future.
“Macroprudential Capital” (Regulatory or Supervisory) is a tax on your shareholders or members. The increased stringency of Accounting Standards (IFRS) in Financial Services functions as a tax prior to balance sheet reporting. Basel III (B3) is currently influencing supervisors to implement Solvency II (S2) as stringently as Basel II was not. B3, S2 & IFRS compliance requires end of (current) period pricing of traded risk assets. B3 & S2 require stressed evaluation of non-traded assets over the business cycle. This requirement is not as simple as it looks. Optimizing your consumption of capital requires advanced systems being in place to support you. Knowing where you are and demonstrating you know where you are when negotiating with your supervisory authority. Asymptotix will tell you it the way you need to know, it will not charge you inordinate fees to tell you what you want to hear.
What's in it for you?
- Improved confidence in risk management as a platform for growth.
- An independent design, review and assessment of risk identification, measurement and management.
- Meet the demands of a changing regulatory landscape including Solvency II for insurers and Basel III for banks.
- Asymptotix has:
- Deep understanding of the issues involved
- Relevant experience gained across multiple related projects
- Access to best of breed product proven in this space
- Implementation teams committed to delivery