Six recruitment trends Autumn 2011 - not a full stop but increasing uncertainty among recruiting clients
1) Specialists need to specialise more, they need deeper knowledge within their field. Meanwhile, managers need a broader knowledge base, they need to know more about more.
2) Recruiters need to dig deeper into the candidate's knowledge and ascertain that the candidate has values corresponding to the client.
3) Many enterprises in-source their recruitment needs, i.e. hires a human resources manager that conducts all HR functions internally.
4) It has become increasingly common that the CEO is replaced by the CFO. This reflects the need of an administrative leader in time of crisis.
5) Social media is increasingly more important in the recruitment process. Facebook, Twitter and of course Linkedin are useful tools to find the most suitable candidates also by the way they express themselves in these media.
6) Selection process must become more efficient. It is important to filter out candidates that do not match the profile. Social media can also be a tool in this process.
Source: Chefsrekryterarna, Sweden.